I do have to admit that I wrote this post on my cell phone (we were in the boonies, sans computer or wifi or something on and off for the last few weeks) and so this is a touch out dated, but it’s part of my journey none the less so here ya be.
I have had a bit of a rough go this last month of training. Ups and downs when it came to sticking to my diet (birthday, anniversary, summer BBQ’ing); finding time to workout out when I’m being pulled in all different directions by my hubby, his job, our kids, family, my photography business, desire to sleep, etc. That being said there will ALWAYS be excuses, I mean there’s never going to be that PERFECT time to start a workout, diet or new lifestyle so what are we always waiting for? I know there is the old saying “there’s always tomorrow” but that’s not entirely true, the only guarantee in life is this very moment. (Well, that and death) so one could now insert another well known quote “carpe diem”. What I am getting at is there will always be pros and cons, for and againsts or positive and negative sides to each situation. What matters is the attitude with which you tackle everyday choices. I know that occasionally I struggle with keeping my goal in the forefront of my brain when I’m hungry and faced with things like ice cream, cakes of all varieties, A&W, CHEESE, pop, poutine, pizza, maple bacon anything… Ah yes. I have learned a few tricks over the years that work for me to help me keep it all in perspective but that’s a whole ‘nother blog.. *make note on my phone to blog about keeping my eye on the prize*
I guess where I was subconciously going with this post was that if you set a goal for yourself you had better make darn sure that you want it more than what you want right at this very second. I have seen a quote floating around the Twitter’sphere and on Instagram that goes something like this “Don’t give up what you REALLY want for what you want right now”. It’s true, you really need to WANT your goal as much as your body WANTS air when you’re suffocating.. a little extreme? Perhaps, but it’s a good mental picture and gets a person’s attention when distracted by mouthwatering foods or the snooze button.
I will leave you with just a short little list..
1. I promise to blog more frequently so you don’t need to re-read all my old posts to remember who the hell I am.
2. I just looked, HOLY SHIT BALLS! It says I already have 815 people subscribed to my blog… Feckin’ Eh!! 🙂 Thanks freennddzzz!
3. I’m trying to get my 4 year old to move into my basement bedroom so that I can reno and steal some space from his current bedroom to make our bathroom bigger… does this make me a bad parent?
4. I’m always looking for some new music for my playlist to distract me during cardio.. please share a favorite of yours? Or 5
5. I’m a closet TV junkie… perhaps a little less closet, a little more junkie. I have a goddamn app on my phone called TV Show Tracker.. I may or may not have already programed 4 of my fav shows for this fall… *note: this was 2 months ago already* **insert that little creepy all teeth emoticon that you can make on an iPhone**
6. Crispy Mini’s Dill Pickle flavour… goddamn!! Yum-O!
Ooootay.. bye for meow 🙂